Depending on whether you are a warehouse or online member, or whether you use our travel services, the data controller of the personal data we process about you will be BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L., (“BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L.”, “we” or “us”).
Please note that we provide additional or different privacy notices in connection with certain products, services or programs.
1. BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L.’s Commitment to Personal Data and Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to personal data protection.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is data related to an identified or identifiable individual.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED BY BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L.?
– Identification data, such as your name or your company name
– Contact data, such as your address, email address, and mobile phone or other phone number for contact purposes.
– Transactional data, which includes information about individual purchases and returns;
3. HOW DOES BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. USE PERSONAL DATA?
In general, we use personal data to process your requests and transactions, provide you with high-quality service. The specific purposes for which we process your personal data are set out below:
– To provide products and services to you, which includes processing payments, sending notifications (via email or SMS/text message) related to your purchases, and processing exchanges and returns and warranties (the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the purchase agreement between you and BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L.);
– To respond to queries or complaints from you, including if you contact our customer service team (the legal basis for this processing is your consent);
– To provide you with news, product recommendations, promotional information, coupons, offers and other marketing communications about BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. and third-party products and services via email, direct mail and phone calls. The marketing communications we send you may be tailored based on your membership account details and purchase history so we can provide you with information and offers we think will be of particular interest to you. For more information about opting out of promotional communications from us, see “A right to object to processing” in Section 11) (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing information about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless applicable law requires us to obtain your consent, in which case we will do so);
– To communicate with you about your experience with us and the products and services you purchase, which includes sending you information about your orders (e.g., email and SMS notifications related to status, shipping, delivery and pick-up), surveys and information about product quality issues (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in improving your shopping experience and providing relevant information about products purchased from us);
– To communicate with you about product recalls and provide other health, safety and consumer protection notices;
– To analyse your use of our website (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in improving our website and better understanding user needs and expectations);
– For internal management purposes, including planning, resource allocation, policy development, quality improvement, monitoring, audit, evaluation and reporting (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding shopping behaviour, improving our selection of products and services, and exploring ways to develop and enhance our business);
To detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. and our members, customers, employees or the public, including by using video surveillance systems (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in preventing fraud and protecting and securing our premises, members, customers, employees and the public).
4. HOW DOES BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We do not share personal data about you with third parties except as follows:
– Our Service Providers
We share personal data with companies that perform services for us (e.g. web hosting, information technology, payment processing, product fulfilment, installation, claims processing, recovery of unpaid checks, direct mail and email distribution, marketing, and the provision of data analytics, insurance, audit, accountancy, legal and advisory services).
– Compliance with Law
We also disclose personal data when we are legally authorised or required to do so to comply with applicable law or legal process (including requests from authorities and courts), to respond to claims (including inquiries by you in connection with your purchases at BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L.), or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. companies, our shoppers, members, our employees or the public.
We also share personal data with third parties, other than those described above, when we have your consent to do so.
5. DOES BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA?
Your personal data will be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, personal data is transferred to service providers that process personal data for us in the United States, Canada and other locations (as an example, Google and Microsoft process personal data for us in various data centre locations, including those listed at http://www.google.ca/about/datacenters/inside/locations/ and https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/regions/, respectively).
BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. ensures, with the signature of Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, that personal data transferred outside the EEA is maintained with at least the same level of security and protection for personal data that is required under the applicable legislation.
6. HOW DOES BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
We have physical, administrative and technical security measures in place to help protect personal data from damage, loss, alteration, destruction or unauthorised access, processing or use while it is under our control.
7. HOW LONG DOES BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L. will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which such data was collected, unless a longer retention period is required under applicable law
8. WHAT PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have a number of legal rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, including:
A right to obtain information: You have the right to request information about how we process your personal data.
A right of access: You have the right to request access to, or a copy of, the personal data we process about you.
A right of rectification: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data we process about you.
A right of erasure: You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
A right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data, so that we can store such data but not further process it.
A right to data portability: You have the right to request that we provide the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from BEST MARMURA & GRANIT S.R.L..
A right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing personal data about you (for example, when your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to the processing of such data at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link available at the bottom of the messages received).
A right to revoke your consent: When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke such consent at any time.
The right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority.
To exercise these rights, please email us email@example.com.
11. USE OF THE WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect data from children or, in general, from individuals who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you must not provide personal data through our website.